A.G.S. Ltd. (Advanced Geotechnical Solutions) is an academic spin-off of the University of Cassino and Southern Lazio that operates in the geotechnical sector. The company was founded in 2013 by a group of researchers of the University of Cassino and Southern Lazio aiming to transfer their scientific expertise in the professional world. The mission of the company is to provide advanced solutions to public and private companies that are facing complex geotechnical problems.
The company philosophy consists in combining a high level of scientific competence with the satisfaction of the economic, managerial and regulatory requirements of civil and environmental engineering projects, in compliance with the tight deadlines required by the market.
The A.G.S. ltd activities can be classified in two main sectors:
analysis of complex geotechnical problems, supporting designers, construction companies and managers with high level technical and scientific expertise and with sophisticated simulation carried out with the most up to date software. Services include:
- geotechnical consulting for the design, construction and management of civil infrastructures
- assessment of natural hazards and risk for civil and environmental assets
- innovative solutions for ground improvement
- innovative solutions for recycling earth and rock resulting from excavation and dredging
- forensic engineering related to geotechnical topics
conceptualization, design and development of customized software, with particular reference to the following topics:
- platforms working in GIS environment for archiving and automatic processing of territorial data
- platforms interfaceable with BIM for the unified design, construction and real time monitoring of geotechnical systems
- tools for the ULS and SLS assessment of geotechnical systems
- toolbox for the optimization of ground improvement solutions